John's practice is concentrated in real estate related matters. John has over 35 years experience in representing clients in office, retail, industrial and residential transactions, including the representation of sellers and buyers in acquisitions and sales, landlords and tenants in leases and borrowers and commercial lenders in connection with construction loans and permanent financing. John has represented both Federal and State appointed receivers in real estate receiverships. When not engaged in real estate related matters, John has a great deal of experience in commercial transactions including the formation and on-going representation of corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships. He has negotiated and prepared documents for mergers, acquisitions, investments, small business succession planning and other owner/management related matters.
John is a native Clevelander with strong and enduring ties to the real estate, business, and banking communities within Northern Ohio. John is active in several educational and community charities. In his spare time John enjoys participating in triathlons and playing golf. He and his wife, Lauren resides in Pepper Pike, Ohio and have two adult children.
Areas of Practice
- Real Estate - Leasing 30%
- Real Estate - Transactions 30%
- Real Estate - Receivership 20%
- Corporate 20%
- Ohio, 1974
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio
- U.S. Court of Appeals 6th Circuit
- Cleveland State University, Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland, Ohio
- Honors: Moot Court - 1973-1974
- Denison University, Granville, Ohio
- B.A. - 1971
- Major: Political Science/ English
- CBRE, Inc.
- Third Federal Savings and Loan Association
- Optima Management Co. and related entities
- Aegon Insurance Co.
- Investors Warranty of America, Inc.
- K2M Design, Inc.
- Carlyle Group Realty
Professional Associations And Memberships
- Ohio State Bar Association, Member, 1975
- Greater Cleveland Bar Association, Member, 1975
Past Employment Positions
- Sperry, Hassett & Redeker, Partner, 1978 to 1985
- Johnson, Redeker & Fisher, Partner, 1986 to 1989
Pro Bono Activities
- University School Alumni Board
- Arthritis Foundation
- Phi Gamma Delta